Drew Salaman has litigated more than a thousand commercial law cases ranging from simple disputes to complex litigation involving multinational corporations.
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- The Louis D. Brandeis Law Society, Member
- Lawyers' Club of Philadelphia, Member
- Pennsylvania Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation, Former Director
- Rossini Savings Association , Former Director and Managing Officer
- Cornerstone Savings Association, Former Director
- Community Associations Institute, Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter, Former Director and President
- Philadelphia Municipal Court Rules of Civil Practice, Principal Draftsperson, 1988 to 1988
- Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission
- Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
- Philadelphia Human Relations Commission
- Philadelphia Board of Zoning Adjustment
- Philadelphia Tax Review Board
- Philadelphia Office of Property Assessment
- Philadelphia Parking Authority and the Civil Service Commission
- Defender Association of Philadelphia, Trial and Appellate Counsel
- Director of Cornerstone Savings Association
- Director of Pennsylvania Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation
- Director and Managing Officer of the Rossini Savings Association
Drew Salaman, a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, is a founding member of Salaman / Henry. Drew is one of the preeminent attorneys in the area of enforcement of judgments and he literally "wrote the book" in this area. He has over 35 years experience and for the past 30 years has been a speaker and course planner for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute for the enforcement and collection of judgments. With his extensive experience and background he has seen and handled a wide-range of situations dealing with the enforcement of judgments.
Drew authored "Execution Practice: Enforcement of Money Judgments from Law Books to Street Justice", and "A Summary of Exemptions from Execution", both published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and has been a Lecturer at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, the Philadelphia Bar Association, Temple University School of Law, the Pennsylvania Credit Union League, the National Association of Credit Management-Credit Congress, the Lumberman's Exchange, the National Business Institute, Lorman Education Centers, the National Business Institute and before the Board of Judges of the Philadelphia Municipal Court.
To date, Drew has enforced in excess of $100 million in judgments. Amongst the many assets and entities which Drew has garnished or executed upon are taxicab medallions, health insurance carrier billings, common stock, liquor licenses, the Federal Reserve Bank, unions, gasoline reserves, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, the Philadelphia Housing Authority, Fortune 500 companies, American Express, interests due from trusts and decedents' estates, millions of dollars of real estate of lawyers and law firms, insurance companies, heavy construction equipment, and every conceivable type of retail inventory. He has executed upon funeral homes, houses of worship and charter schools.
When the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas needed counsel to collect on delinquent judgments, they turned to Drew. Indeed, many of Philadelphia's top lawyers and businessmen often turn to Drew once they have won a case for Drew to collect. Drew works closely with the Sheriffs of Philadelphia who are located just five floors below our offices. Drew is well known to the management staff of the Sheriff's offices in Pennsylvania, many of whom have attended his lectures. He has arranged for and attended countless Sheriff's sales and other enforcement actions, one time arranging for the Sheriff's deputies to go from office to office in a large multistory building garnishing the rents to pay a judgment against the landlord.
Drew is an aggressive litigator. He has successfully filed hundreds of Motions to Compel, Motions for Sanctions, Motions for Supplementary Relief in Aid of Execution and has undone many fraudulent conveyances. In addition to trying thousands of matters to verdict, Drew has repeatedly successfully opposed Bankruptcy filings resulting in determinations of Nondischargeability, dismissal or obtaining relief from Bankruptcy stays.
Drew has extensive administrative law experience having practiced before the Pennsylvania Public Utilities Commission, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board, the Philadelphia Human Relations Commission, the Philadelphia Board of Zoning Adjustment, the Philadelphia Tax Review Board, the Philadelphia Office of Property Assessment, the Philadelphia Parking Authority and the Civil Service Commission.
He is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Pennsylvania. Drew is active in the legal community. Prior to entering private practice, Drew was a law clerk to The Hon. Israel Packel, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, and to The Hon. Edward B. Rosenberg, Court of Common Pleas. He served as Trial and Appellate Counsel in the Defender Association of Philadelphia. He is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Commercial Law League of America, the Louis D. Brandeis Law Society, the Lawyers' Club of Philadelphia, was the Principal Draftsperson for the Philadelphia Municipal Court Rules of Civil Practice, is a former Director and President of Community Associations Institute, Northeastern Pennsylvania Chapter and has served as a Director of Cornerstone Savings Association, as a Director of Pennsylvania Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation and as Director and Managing Officer of the Rossini Savings Association.
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1977
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1991
- Superior Court of Pennsylvania
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1971
- Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1968
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Current Employment Position
- Founding member
- The Hon. Israel Packel, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, Law Clerk, 1972 to 1972
- Trial and Appellate Counsel, Defender Association of Philadelphia, Law Clerk, 1972 to 1976
- The Hon. Edward B. Rosenberg, Court of Common Pleas, Philadelphia, Law Clerk, 1974 to 1974
- "Execution Practice: Enforcement of Money Judgments from Law Books to Street Justice", Pennsylvania Bar Institute Publication, Collecting and Enforcing Judgments, Fourth Edition, 2007
- "A Summary of Exemptions from Execution", Pennsylvania Bar Institute Publication, Collecting and Enforcing Judgments, Fourth Edition, 2007
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (Course Planner)
- Lecturer, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Lecturer, Temple University School of Law
- Lecturer, Pennsylvania Credit Union League
- Lecturer, National Association of Credit Management-Credit Congress
- Lecturer, Lumberman's Exchange
- Lecturer, Lorman Education Centers
- Lecturer, National Business Institute
- Lecturer, Board of Judges of the Philadelphia Municipal Court